Thursday 8 March 2012

Dark Eldar Diorama – The second Scourge part 7

Just a couple of quick snaps to chart my progress painting the Scourge's flesh, so far just the legs. First of all I built up some shading with Citadel washes (Gryphonne Sepia & Ogryn Flesh). I diluted it pretty heavily and built up a lot of layers (about 15) It's fussy but gives a very smooth result.



Next I built up some highlights by progressively adding Dheneb Stone to my wash mix and finishing off with a little skull white in the mix. Then its back in with some dilute washes to blend things together.



1 comment:

  1. I brought the 'Eavy Metal modelling guide a while back on whim when I saw someone offering it cheap. I loved your guardians and Unicorn and kept marvelling at them considering the age they were painted and the style changes since then.

    Then I thought I wonder if he is still painting 1...2...3.. google and here we are. All I can say is wow! I love the conversions the fact that you are taking time and making the information available to all of us so thank you!

    Followed ; )

    ReplyDelete